In half term, I went to the Guide Hall to spray-paint some horse shoes. It was lovely and peaceful being in there by myself.
Let me explain: we got the horse shoes free from a local stables to use for crafts and games on our summer camp (Wild West theme, if you remember). There were about 30 left over, which we left gently rusting in a bag in the hall. Unit Leader asked me to come up with a way to transform them into something we can sell to raise funds.
First I scrubbed them with wire wool to get off the rust and mud as best I could. Then I laid them out on newspaper and gave them a good old spray, with the windows wide open of course! It took a good couple of hours to do them all on both sides.
Now they’re sitting prettily drying on the worktop. I don’t know what the finished product is going to look like (or even what its function will be; ornamental, I suppose), but I’m pleased with the results so far.